Synexus is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator in Evansville, IN!
Working under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and Site Director, this position will coordinate the conduct of clinical drug studies from pre-study planning through successful completion of all patient visits and documentation.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of assigned protocols, including all protocol requirements for patient visits, obtaining informed consent, patient visit schedules, test procedures, laboratory information, and drug accountability requirements.
- Responsible for completion of all study documentation forms, including case report forms and other study specific documents.
- Coordinate and conduct patient care visits (drawing blood, collecting vital signs, performing ECG’s and processing specimens) and assure all procedures are conducted in compliance with the clinical protocol.
- Interact with Principal Investigator as needed to assure patient receives appropriate medical evaluation and care when needed, alerts Principal Investigator of serious adverse events.
- Interacts with and maintains close communication with the sponsor’s Clinical Research Associate to facilitate the sponsor monitoring and database clean-up process.
- Attends sponsor Investigator/Study Coordinator meetings as needed for assigned protocols.
- BA/BS in a health sciences or related field and 6+ months of clinical research experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required;
- An RN or LPN license or Certification as a Clinical Research Coordinator is a plus;
- Phlebotomy skills are required;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word) and Web applications;
- Ability to type proficiently (35+ wpm);
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently as well as with co-workers, peers, supervisors and external customers;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads;
- Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic;
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines, patient matters and other sensitive information.